Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am sure these contrary choices baffles several business decisions across organizations world over.  Needless to say, the best would be to have both.
French Philosopher & Writer, Voltaire once said "Perfection is attained by slow degrees; It requires the hand of time".  I am left wondering, is there anything called Perfect in this increasingly dynamic world?

I'm sure many of us would have witnessed several occasions where organizations, in want of perfection, have missed out several opportunities that otherwise would have brought in significant changes in their existence. If tasks await to achieve perfection, completion (on time, in several occasions) takes a beating.  It never arrives!

It was with such thoughts that I stumbled upon Sunil Bharti Mittal's (Airtel) talk on entrepreneurship at Knowledge@ Wharton lectures.  He was emphatic in saying, whenever he had a choice of Speed Vs Perfection, he choose Speed.  Perfection followed


I was hugely impressed by this thought.  If organizations were always behind perfection for accomplishing a task, there would be nothing called Kaizen :) Organizations like Google, Virgin, Airtel stand testimony to the victory of speed against perfection. 

As they say, a beautiful thing is never perfect.

0 Comments:

About Me

My visitors ...

Popular Posts

Facebook

My Twitter feed ...

Recent Posts

Text Widget